Monday, April 18, 2016

You Want to Homeschool; Getting Started!

Hi Peeps!

You decided to homeschool but not sure where to start? Great news! I 've been there, done that,and literally got the T-shirt!
The Very first thing, I would suggest is to become familiar with the Law. http://www.hslda.org/  Second, I recommend you finding a local homeschool group. Wonderful place to meet other moms and your kids to make Friends. Most homeschool groups have Veteran homeschool moms with loads of information. They also offer your kids field trips and a variety of activities. Third, Research your curriculum. There is a Ton out there to choose from. You are the only one who will know what best fits your child. Take your time in this and be sure you like it. I even suggest you asking a homeschool mom for a curriculum shopping day. Who doesn't like shopping?? Fourth, You will need to withdraw your child from public school. I have had the office ladies be rude to me but I was doing the best for my kid. http://www.thsc.org/getting-started/7-easy-steps-to-begin/withdraw-from-public-school/
Last but not least,start homeschooling. Let loose and have fun! Learning needs to be fun! As always have a wonderful day and please do not forget to follow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment